Expert Landscapes Advocacy
We are seeking an Expert Landscapes Advocacy who runs and connects the dots within our external network of partners and supports the CEO and core teams on Landscape Development and Knowledge, Education and Innovation. We expect that you will be a sparring partner on strategic issues, give presentations and influence policies.
Our ideal candidate
You are a strategic thinker and planner with the ability to see the big picture and translate this into action; and proven excellence communication and great interpersonal skills. You have proven networking abilities and can analyze situations while giving attention to detail and remaining result oriented. Diplomacy, negotiation skills and personal authority are your key skills, while you can deal with pressure and swiftly react when necessary. You have a track record in navigating through complex issues and execute high quality work in a timely way. In this way you can positively influence external stakeholders: from experts, to governments and from NGOs to businesses around a shared agenda, while presenting complex ideas in a simple way.
In this role, you will
- support the CEO, management team and local 4 returns stakeholder groups in relevant stakeholder processes, of governments, NGOs, experts, and business;
- monitor external trends and issues on the horizon to inform colleagues and landscape partners on relevant developments, including upcoming reports and analyses;
- oversee our partnerships with expert organisations;
- work in close cooperation with the teams Fund Mobilization and Communication.
You will report directly to the CEO of Commonland.
Your main responsibilities
- to create the right environment to deliver the 4 returns to international leading organisations and integrate it into global practices;
- to develop a global event agenda and strategic approach to delivering and complement Commonland 2040 goals against other international goals;
- to ensure that Commonland is represented in the relevant global fora;
- to support the CEO in driving strategic coherence across all entities within Commonland and support each practice in the design and implementation of their strategies;
- to work closely with Commonland’s management team, experts, Advisory Council, Ambassadors and other relevant positions within the wider Commonland group;
- to be the contact person of the Global Partnership on Forest and Landscape Restoration, UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration and other relevant networks.
Your main tasks
- catalyze and enable the 4 returns framework and other systemic restoration models by engaging relevant networks;
- coordinate consistent communication on strategic issues within the relevant networks;
- ensure your colleagues are informed by the latest research and analysis on global trends based on the emerging future and systems thinking;
- provide knowledge and understanding and support to refine and improve strategies on a regular and frequent basis;
- review strategies of relevant external parties and help to define the 4 returns framework as unique positioning;
- represent Commonland when needed and support, define and develop partnerships with relevant partner organizations at a global level.
Your qualifications, skills and competencies
- experience with and understanding of transformational systems change;
- experience in strategy development and partnership management;
- good understanding of how to manage complex network organizations for success and experienced in influencing senior leaders effectively to harness results;
- a university degree and a minimum of 7 years’ experience in international ecology, forestry, landscape, restoration and/or conservation strategy development, design and partnerships;
- proven ability to manage virtual, multi-cultural/lingual teams;
- strong stakeholder engagement & communication skills: good in convening, convincing and deep listening;
- excellent writing skills for reporting, and writing strategy and/or white papers;
- excellent in English and Spanish, any other language is an asset.
We believe that revitalizing communities, restoring landscapes and regenerating ecosystems offers tremendous untapped opportunities for both society and business. Now more than ever, the world needs viable solutions based on social and ecological needs, science and entrepreneurship. For this to happen, we need a practical holistic approach that everybody understands. We created the 4 Returns framework to be that common language.
Commonland’s 2040 strategy will focus on creating scale with the 4 returns framework by initiating, catalyzing and enabling large-scale landscape and ecosystem restoration. Our goal is to double our number of 20 years’ projects, catalyze a large number of projects with core partners and to enable others to do the same by providing the knowledge, tools, digital network and data management. To make this happen we have to build momentum for the global ecosystem restoration agenda united in the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030) together with aligned partners.
What we offer
- a dynamic and challenging working environment in a purpose-driven and international organisation;
- the opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas in line with the strategy;
- training and development opportunities;
- a fair remuneration package in line with the level of this job.
If you match our profile, we would love to hear from you. Please send your motivation letter and CV to the attention of Office Manager Rony Lintjens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for this vacancy is November 1st, 2019.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.