Expert landscape finance
An experienced financial expert with the ability to structure complex landscape restoration projects into comprehensive financial models and to communicate this to governments and investors.
We are seeking an expert in landscape finance who will develop and structure a 4 Returns landscape valuation model, present it to different global audiences, is the key contact person for the financial landscape sector and support our management team in strategic issues related to blended finance.
Our ideal candidate
You are an expert in strategic, blended and/or structured finance solutions with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You have the ability to engage and connect with stakeholders from the finance, government and investment sectors as well as eco-agricultural experts and farmers.
You are able to understand complex landscape settings and translate and structure this into financial models and presentations understood and accepted by the finance, government and business sectors.
You have a minimum of 7 years experience in environmental economics, econometrics, structured/project finance and/or conservation finance.
In this role, you will
- Further develop, structure, fine tune, improve and finalize the 4 Returns valuation model for use in landscapes throughout the world;
- Keep up with external trends and issues on true costs/true price and natural capital;
- As it relates to valuation and monetization, oversee and manage our partnerships with our educational and advisory partners, financial experts, key government agencies in the area of financing of landscape level initiatives, and potential public and private investors;
- Work within the Fund Mobilisation team, and based in Amsterdam;
- Report directly to the CEO and the Management Team of Commonland.
Your main responsibilities
- Develop a practical 4 Returns valuation model using the best available data;
- Test and review the model with different stakeholder groups;
- Share, catalyse and enable the 4 Returns valuation model by engaging with relevant experts and networks and Ensure that the 4 Returns valuation model is presented in the relevant global forums;
- Ensure your colleagues are informed by the latest research and analysis on valuation/monetization of sustainable landscape management and restoration;
- Support the management team in strategic issues related to blended finance and fund mobilization;
- Represent Commonland when needed at a global level. Be the key contact person towards the landscape finance sector.
Your qualifications, skills and competencies
- A proven track record in landscape or conservation finance and being able to develop a practical 4 Returns valuation model using the best available data experience in strategy development and partnership management;
- A proven track record in financial modelling/structuring and understanding of true costs/price analysis. Experience in data collection, monitoring & evaluation and data management;
- Excellent communication skills: you speak the language of investors and can explain complex financial issues towards non-experts;
- Excellent in English and any other language (like Spanish or Dutch) is an asset;
- A University Degree and a minimum of 7 years experience in environmental economics, econometrics, structured/project finance and/or conservation finance;
- Knowledgeable about at least 3 capitals (financial, social, natural); financial modeling, structuring and valuation, conservation finance, impact investments.
We believe that revitalizing communities, restoring landscapes and regenerating ecosystems offers tremendous untapped opportunities for both society and business. Now more than ever, the world needs viable solutions based on social and ecological needs, science and entrepreneurship.
For this to happen, we need a practical holistic approach that everybody understands. We created the 4 Returns framework to be that common language.
Commonland’s 2040 strategy will focus on creating scale with the 4 returns framework by initiating, catalyzing and enabling large-scale landscape and ecosystem restoration. Our goal is to double our number of 20 years’ projects, catalyze a large number of projects with core partners and to enable others to do the same by providing the knowledge, tools, digital network and data management. To make this happen we have to build momentum for the global ecosystem restoration agenda united in the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030) together with aligned partners.
What we offer
- A dynamic and challenging working environment in a purpose-driven and international organisation;
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas in line with the strategy;
- Training and development opportunities;
- A fair remuneration package in line with the level of this job.
If you match our profile, we would love to hear from you. Please send your motivation letter and CV to the attention of Jos Meijer, Recruiter at Commonland, email@example.com. The closing date for this vacancy is December 1, 2019. If you have any questions or inquiries regarding this vacancy, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.