Senior Content Manager
Commonland Foundation is an international system change developer of large-scale landscape restoration projects. We bring solutions to increase biodiversity, combat climate change, boost regenerative agriculture and revitalise communities – all at the landscape scale. Our mission: to transform 100 million hectares of degraded landscapes before 2040, together with other landscape partners, farmers, policymakers, businesses, NGOs, and investors. To make this happen, we have developed the ‘4 Returns Framework’. This practical and holistic approach to transforming degraded ecosystems into vibrant landscapes and communities focuses on 4 key Returns supported by landscape zones over a single generation or 20 years.
As a growing organisation, we identify ourselves using three core values:
- Empower each other – We empower and challenge ourselves and colleagues and provide all with the needed support to grow.
- Honesty & Compassionate – We are interested in understanding the other and teasing out misunderstandings when they occur.
- Put words into action – We say what we do: proactive information sharing and gathering. A lot of our work is relevant across teams and relies on cross-team collaboration.
Do you have senior experience in creating and managing content for all our growing communication channels? Do you have experience in working for a multi stakeholder organisation? Are you a Content Lead who wants to build together on our global landscape restoration movement? Then we’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Content Manager (0,8 FTE) to strengthen our Marketing & Communications team. You will work with the Head of Marketing & Communications, Sr Communication Manager, Communication Officer, and freelancers. As our Content Lead, you will report to the Head of Marketing & Communications.
Content of the role
The Content Lead plays a vital role within the Commonland organisation and is responsible for managing and developing all content for various stakeholders and channels. In this role you will work closely together with the Commonland team to come up with content ideas and you can easily move between groups of stakeholders as a digital native. Of course, you want to know if the content is successful and how it is viewed. Therefore, it is important to use data and obtain data-driven insights.
As Commonland’s Content Lead, you are responsible and accountable for our content strategy & social media strategy. This means:
- Planning, developing, and managing content to improve Commonland’s brand awareness, digital presence and achieve our marketing goals
- Managing content for Commonland’s online channels (social media, website, 4Returns.earth), publications, and newsletters
- Creating good working relations with internal project teams, external content creators (freelancers) and external partners.
- Translating news and projects into digestible content suitable for various channels and groups of stakeholders
- Creating structures and processes for content development within the organisation and managing all activities in our year-round content calendar
- Developing a structured and clear way of measuring and tracking the impact of content.
- Successfully implementing the revised brand identity in all content
You have at least 8 years of working experience in marcom, you are news savvy and you know what’s happening in the digital world. You are an inspiring team player experienced in setting up content management systems in a scale up environment. Other requirements are:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in journalism, communications, media studies, political sciences, business studies or a related field
- Demonstrated excellent writing skills and the ability to turn ideas into creative content that stands out
- Strong understanding of various online channels and how to develop great content and digital campaigns for specific target audiences, using the optimal channels & moment
- Experience with tracking and measuring the impact of content and social media campaigns to drive content development
- Interest in the field of landscape restoration, multi-stakeholder environments, and sustainability
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, eye for detail, and meeting deadlines
- You are inspiring and successful in working with both external & internal creative teams
- Experience working in/with NGO’s would be a plus
- Fluent in English (verbal & written)
We offer you
Within Commonland we are making impact, so for sure you will get the opportunity to create long-term sustainable and social impact across continents. Next to this, we offer:
- A market conform salary
- A dynamic and international scale-up environment with passionate, enthusiastic team members
- The opportunity to develop and implement your own ideas in line with our strategy
- A collective pension scheme
- A yearly training budget to boost your skill set
- Fun activities to get to know your colleagues better
- We will make your home office almost as pleasant as our brand-new office location
- Weekly healthy lunch, good coffee, Dutch tea, monthly drinks, and a great office view
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Mariken van den Boogaard, Head of Marketing & Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your information (it’s up to you how you would like to apply) to email@example.com, before November 3rd 2021.